Shopify is a popular ecommerce platform that allows businesses to create and manage online stores. With Shopify, you can design your own website, list and sell products, manage orders and shipments, and more. However, before you start using Shopify, it’s important to understand the pricing plans available and the associated costs.
Shopify is a cloud-based platform that allows you to build, design, and manage your online store. Shopify is also known for its user-friendly interface and customer support. It offers a range of features and benefits, including:
- Easy website design: You can choose from a variety of free and paid templates to create a website that reflects your brand and products.
- Payment processing: Shopify supports a variety of payment methods, including credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay.
- Shipping and inventory management: You can manage and track orders, shipments, and inventory from one place.
- Marketing and SEO tools: Shopify offers built-in tools to help you optimize your website for search engines and run marketing campaigns.
Shopify Pricing Plans
Shopify offers three main pricing plans: Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. Each plan offers different features and benefits, and the monthly fees vary accordingly. Here’s a breakdown of each plan:
- Basic Shopify: This plan is ideal for small businesses with limited product offerings. It costs $29 per month and includes features such as website design, payment processing, and shipping and inventory management. However, it doesn’t include advanced features such as gift cards or professional reporting.
- Shopify: This plan is the most popular and offers a balance of features and affordability. It costs $79 per month and includes all the features of Basic Shopify, plus additional features such as gift cards, abandoned cart recovery, and professional reporting.
- Advanced Shopify: This plan is designed for businesses with high volume sales and more complex needs. It costs $299 per month and includes all the features of Shopify, plus additional features such as advanced reporting and shipping discounts.
Shopify Pricing Plans Comparision
|Plan Name||Monthly Cost||Features|
|Basic Shopify||$29/month||Online Store, Unlimited Products, 24/7 Support, Fraud Analysis, Manual Order Creation, Discount Codes, Free SSL Certificate, Abandoned Cart Recovery|
|Shopify||$79/month||Everything in Basic Shopify, plus Gift Cards, Professional Reports, Abandoned Cart Recovery Emails, Advanced Report Builder|
|Advanced Shopify||$299/month||Everything in Shopify, plus Advanced Report Builder, Third-Party Calculated Shipping Rates, Custom Report Builder, Advanced Customer Segmentation|
Note that all plans come with unlimited bandwidth, online storage, and the ability to use your own domain name. Additionally, Shopify offers a 14-day free trial for all plans.
In addition to the monthly fees, Shopify also charges transaction fees and credit card rates. The transaction fees range from 0.5% to 2%, depending on the pricing plan, while the credit card rates range from 2.4% to 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.
Note that all plans come with unlimited bandwidth, online storage, and the ability to use your own domain name. Additionally, Shopify offers a 7-14-day free trial for all plans.
Additional Costs and Fees
Aside from the monthly fees and transaction fees, there may be additional costs associated with using Shopify. For example:
- App fees: Shopify offers a variety of apps and plugins to enhance the functionality of your store. Some apps are free, while others require a monthly fee.
- Domain name registration: If you want a custom domain name for your website (e.g. www.mybusiness.com), you’ll need to purchase it separately.
- Website design: While Shopify offers a variety of free and paid templates, you may need to hire a designer to create a custom design for your store.
These additional costs can add up, so it’s important to budget accordingly.
Choosing the Right Plan for Your Business
When choosing a Shopify plan, it’s important to consider factors such as your budget, sales volume, and future growth plans. Here are some tips to help you choose the right plan:
- Start with Basic Shopify: If you’re just starting out or have a limited budget, Basic Shopify may be the best option. You can always upgrade to a higher plan as your business grows.
- Consider your sales volume: If you expect to have a high volume of sales, you may want to opt for a higher-priced plan that offers more advanced features and lower transaction fees.
Shopify Pricing and Plans FAQs
What is the cost of using Shopify?
Shopify offers a range of pricing plans starting from $9 per month for the “Lite” plan, which allows you to sell on social media and accept credit card payments in person.
The most popular plans are the “Basic Shopify” plan for $29 per month, the “Shopify” plan for $79 per month, and the “Advanced Shopify” plan for $299 per month.
These plans offer a range of features and tools designed to suit the needs of different types of businesses.
What are the different Shopify pricing plans?
Shopify offers four main pricing plans: the “Lite” plan, the “Basic Shopify” plan, the “Shopify” plan, and the “Advanced Shopify” plan.
The “Lite” plan is the most basic and costs $9 per month, while the “Advanced Shopify” plan is the most advanced and costs $299 per month.
What are the main features of each Shopify plan?
The “Lite” plan offers basic features such as the ability to sell on Facebook and accept credit card payments in person.
The “Basic Shopify” plan offers features such as unlimited products, 24/7 support, and a range of marketing and SEO tools.
The “Shopify” plan includes additional features such as gift cards, abandoned cart recovery, and professional reports.
The “Advanced Shopify” plan includes advanced features such as third-party calculated shipping rates, advanced report builder, and more.
What are the transaction fees and credit card rates for Shopify?
Shopify charges transaction fees for each sale made through Shopify Payments, which vary based on your plan, ranging from 2.4% to 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.
Shopify also charges credit card rates based on the payment provider you choose.
What are the additional costs associated with using Shopify?
Additional costs associated with using Shopify include the cost of a domain name, third-party apps and plugins, and any customizations or design work you may need.
Can I change my Shopify plan later?
Yes, you can upgrade or downgrade your Shopify plan at any time by going to the “Billing” section in your Shopify account and selecting the plan you want to switch to.
Do I need to pay for themes and templates on Shopify?
While Shopify offers a range of free and paid themes and templates, you do not need to pay for them. However, paid themes often come with more advanced features and customization options.
What payment methods are available on Shopify?
Shopify accepts all major credit cards, as well as third-party payment gateways such as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
What is the Shopify POS system?
The Shopify POS system is a point-of-sale system that allows you to sell in person using your mobile device or desktop computer. It is available on all Shopify plans.
Can I cancel my Shopify subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your Shopify subscription at any time by going to the “Billing” section in your Shopify account and clicking “Cancel subscription.”
In conclusion, Shopify offers a range of pricing plans to cater to businesses of all sizes and budgets. Each plan offers its own set of features and benefits, ensuring that you only pay for what you need. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to scale your business, Shopify has a plan that can help you achieve your goals.
While the cost of using Shopify may seem daunting at first, it’s important to consider the potential return on investment that a well-designed and optimized online store can bring. By leveraging the powerful tools and features offered by Shopify, you can create a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience for your customers, leading to increased conversions and revenue.
It’s worth noting that there are additional costs associated with using Shopify, such as transaction fees and credit card rates. However, these fees are competitive with other ecommerce platforms and are often offset by the benefits of using Shopify, such as the built-in payment gateway and easy-to-use interface.
Overall, Shopify is a powerful and flexible ecommerce platform that offers a range of pricing plans to suit the needs of any business. With its intuitive design, robust features, and excellent customer support, it’s easy to see why so many entrepreneurs and business owners have chosen Shopify to power their online stores.